Saturday, March 8, 2008

Thing #9 More RSS Feeds

I am not sure if I am understanding RSS feeds. I tried all of the RSS feed search sites that were suggested and I found the experience very frustrating. I wanted to find something on book reviews that were written by children, but was unsuccessful. I found a lot of news information but no book reviews. I did find one search that located news information for my area of the city and I thought that was kinda neat.

I explored the sites on the Edublog awards and was excited when I found something on the Second Life. Second Life was mentioned in class on Thursday and I had no idea what it was. Now I know what Second Life is and where to begin if I decide to participate in it or develop something for my children to do. It might be neat for students to use Second Life because it involves buying things just like in the real world. However, I would have to do a lot more exploring before I would let them do something like that. I would need to make sure that it was both safe and educational for them to use.

I again I found this "thing" very frustrating and my least favorite because of that frustration.

No comments:

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog