Monday, March 17, 2008

Thing #15 Library 2.0

WoW! All of this information is getting a little overwhelming. I now know why our first "thing" was about life-long learners, because if we ever decide to stop learning the world and everyone else is just going to leave us behind. I'm not sure what my thoughts about Web 2.0 and Library 2.0 are. At first, I thought it was terrific. Technology is awesome! However, I can't shake the feeling that as the world becomes more technology driven certain people are going to be left in the midst. I really liked what Dr. Wendy Schultz said, "libraries are not merely in communities, they are communities." My question is that as libraries and information become more engrossed in technology, are we going to lose that "community."

No comments:

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog