Saturday, March 29, 2008

Thing #18 Google.docs

I watched the Google.docs in plain English and played around with googles.docs. I really like it and I think it would be good for collaboration. When Nina and I did our midterm project we would e-mail our power point back and forth. It got kinda frustrating because there was so many different versions of it and we never knew which one we were looking at. It would have been much easier to have created it using google.docs. A lot of times I create something at home that I want to use at school. I then have to e-mail it to myself at school and hope it is there. The major advantage of using an on-line productivity tool such as google.docs would you would be able to access your documents from any computer and many people could collaborate without having multiple copies. The only disadvantage I see is that you would have to take some time learning how to use it and convince others that it should be used instead of Office.

No comments:

My Shelfari Bookshelf

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog